Brown/ Trinity Rep productions take place throughout the year and may be directed by students, faculty, members of Trinity Rep's Resident Acting Company and artistic staff, or by invited guests.
Performances take place in Brown/ Trinity Rep studios as well as in the Pell Chaffee Performance Center, Trinity Rep's flexible space in downtown Providence. Occasionally student productions are presented in one of Providence's small non-Equity theaters, or in a performance space on the Brown campus.
Production work at Brown/ Trinity takes place in all three years of training. Produced work may include studio projects for an invited community audience, an educational tour of a Shakespeare play to area high schools, contemporary work produced and run in rep, and third-year directors' thesis projects.
2018/19 Brown/ Trinity Rep productions included:
- Caesar! adapted by Josiah Davis from Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare
- ¡ahi no! Comedia de Equiocaciones adapted from Shakespeare’s The Comedy of Errors by Kufa Castro
- WalkOut! in partnership with Rites and Reason/ Department of Africana Studies
- tick, tick…BOOM! by Jonathan Larson
- The Good Person of Szechwan by Bertolt Brecht
- God of Carnage by Yasmina Reza
- Summer and Smoke by Tennessee Williams
- Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? by Edward Albee
- She Kills Monsters by Qui Nguyen
- How We Got On by Idris Goodwin