Brown/ Trinity Rep productions take place throughout the year and may be directed by students, faculty, members of Trinity Rep's Resident Acting Company and artistic staff, or by invited guests.
Performances take place in Brown/ Trinity Rep studios as well as in the Pell Chaffee Performance Center, Trinity Rep's flexible space in downtown Providence. Occasionally student productions are presented in one of Providence's small non-Equity theaters, or in a performance space on the Brown campus.
Production work at Brown/ Trinity takes place in all three years of training. Produced work may include studio projects for an invited community audience, an educational tour of a Shakespeare play to area high schools, contemporary work produced and run in rep, and third-year directors' thesis projects.
2019/20 Brown/ Trinity Rep productions included:
- The Tempest adapted by Aileen McGroddy from William Shakespeare
- Macbeth! adapted from Shakespeare’s Macbeth by Eddie DeHais
- Residency with Julian Boal in partnership with Rites and Reason Theater
- References to Salvador Dali Make Me Hot by Jose Rivera
- Marie Antoinette by David Adjmi
- Gruesome Playground Injuries by Rajiv Joseph
- On the Exhale by Martin Zimmerman
- How to Get Rid of It by Eugene Ionesco
Scheduled, and interrupted by the pandemic:
- The Brothers Size by Tarell Alvin McCraney
- A View from the Bridge by Arthur Miller
- Medea by Euripides
- Tom and Eliza by Celine Song