Brown/ Trinity Rep productions take place throughout the year and may be directed by students, faculty, members of Trinity Rep's Resident Acting Company and artistic staff, or by invited guests.
Performances take place in Brown/ Trinity Rep studios as well as in the Pell Chaffee Performance Center, Trinity Rep's flexible space in downtown Providence. Brown/ Trinity's Verse Tour takes place in studios and tours to area high schools and middle schools. Occasionally student productions are presented in one of Providence's small non-Equity theaters, or in a performance space on the Brown campus.
Production work at Brown/ Trinity takes place in all three years of training. Produced work may include studio projects for an invited community audience, an educational tour of a Shakespeare play, contemporary work produced and run in rep, and third-year directors' thesis projects.
2022/23 Brown/ Trinity Rep productions included:
- Mr Burns, A Post-Electric Play by Anne Washburn
- Soul Tapes by JaMario Stills, adapted from "The Soul Tapes of Black Folks" by Will Johnson
- Wolf Play by Hansol Jung
- The Book of Lucy by Ngozi Anyanwu
- Imogen adapted by Sharifa Yasmin from William Shakespeare's Cymbeline
- The Taming of Hamlet adapted by Andrew Watring from William Shakespeare's Hamlet