Application deadline: Tuesday, January 3, 2023 at 11:59 pm.
Admission to the M.F.A Program in Acting is based on a private audition and submission of the following materials:
- completed application to the Brown Graduate School
- college transcripts (unofficial student copies are acceptable)
- three letters of recommendation (must be submitted by the person writing the letter)
- one-page written personal statement
- photo and resume
- $75 non-refundable application fee
GRE and writing samples are not required.
Responses to questions regarding published articles or books, and fluency in a foreign language are not required.
Apply with the Gradate School's Online Application.
For questions about Brown/ Trinity's application requirements, audition process, or the program, please contact: Jill Jann, Brown/Trinity Rep Academic Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about navigating the Graduate School's online application, please contact Lisa Tillson, Graduate School Admission Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Information regarding application fee waivers can be found here. You must submit your fee waiver request & application 14 days prior the application deadline.
- Applicants should present two contrasting monologues - one contemporary piece and one classical and/or heightened language piece. Monologues should not exceed a combined total of two and a half minutes.
- Applicants should prepare with a minimum of two additional monologues, not to exceed one minute each.
- All applicants are required to view the one-hour information session. You will be sent a link closer to the audition dates after your application has been submitted.
- Some actors may be asked to attend a group callback session on the day of their audition if the faculty feel the need to see how they work in a group. You will be informed during your audition if this is requested of you.
- In addition, there will be a round of virtual callbacks on Sunday, February 19. Not being asked to participate in these callbacks does not necessarily indicate you are no longer under consideration for the program.
Acting applicants who are offered admission to the program are required to visit Brown/Trinity Rep for a visit at our Welcome Weekend Friday, March 3 - Sunday, March 5.